David J. Ramirez
Holidays are a wonderful time of the year, and it’s also one of the busiest times to travel.
If you’re planning to fly through America’s Friendliest Airport® during this busy time of year, Phoenix Sky Harbor has some tips to ease the stress of holiday travel.
* Arrive early – a minimum of two hours before your flight and three hours if you’re flying internationally.
* Picking Up or Dropping Off? Save time and avoid roadway traffic when picking up or dropping off your party by using the 44th Street PHX Sky Train® Station. There’s also a free and convenient cell phone waiting lot for you to wait. The 44th Street Station is located on the southwest corner of 44th Street and Washington.
* Reserve Your Parking and Save Money – Get convenient terminal garage parking and save money by reserving your parking in advance through our Sky Harbor Discount Parking. This money-saving program is also available at the East Economy Lot and Garages A and B. Sky Harbor offers travelers the only on-site parking. Visit //skyharbor.com/parking to make a reservation.
* Shopping and Dining Opportunities. Phoenix Sky Harbor has a variety of shopping and dining options, both before and after security. Looking for a souvenir with an Arizona flair or seeking a tasty, gluten-free meal? Don’t panic – America’s Friendliest Airport® has it.
* Keep in Mind 3-1-1 Remember that you’re allowed to bring a quart-sized bag of liquids, aerosols, gels, creams, and pastes in your carry-on bag and through the checkpoint. However, these are limited to travel-sized containers that are 3.4 ounces or less per item. And don’t forget to look through your purse or carry-on bag for any prohibited items before you come to the Airport. Visit tsa.gov for information about what can be placed in your carry-on.
These are just a few handy, time-saving examples. For more travel tips from America’s Friendliest Airport®, visit skyharbor.com.