“We have come a long way baby,” as the old saying goes. Your association, yes, yours for every woman in the Sun Lakes HOA’s belong to this growing and giving group of women.
We are very adept at finding ways to help fund major donations to all Sun Lakes Homeowners Associations, our Fire Department, Neighbors Who Care, Robson Library and The Veteran’s Groups here and valley wide with furniture for housing the homeless to clothing. This is all done with our Bazaar (1st weekend in November), the Spring Fling Golf-O-Rama (March 22), Bake and Furniture Treasures (March 21), Raffle for a new golf cart (at the BAZAAR) and selling furniture throughout the year. Everything we sell comes from your donations and goes back to all Sun Lakes. Some of our projects include the following:
1. There are women busy with knitting projects, art and painting, floral display, crafts and handiwork, jewelry and more. If you have never been to our Bazaar you are missing something fantastic, you see everything in our Bazaar has come from you, our homeowners. You will find everything you need to set up housekeeping, from furniture to linens to dishes, antiques to Christmas décor and hand-crafts. The Bazaar is the first weekend in November.
2. There is also a legion of women who have become very adept at pricing, repacking and boxing up all the donated items for the Bazaar. This has become a part time job for some of us who are called weekly or biweekly to pack-out. We have become a service to our Homeowners and their families by helping with the removal of belongings they no longer need. We include our Haul-a-Men in that process.
3. Our Spring Fling Golf-O-Rama golf tournament has become an annual affair that is well attended and has made a profit from the start.
4. The golf cart raffle has begun; tickets for a fantastic silver and black cart from A-1 Golf Carts are now on sale with the drawing held at the Bazaar.
5. We also receive funds from other organizations that approve of our charity work and want to be part of our ongoing efforts.
Now, how do you get involved? Join us on Monday mornings in the Arts and Crafts Room from 9:00-11:00 a.m. The camaraderie is infectious and the projects are diverse. We need help on each and every one of these projects so there is a place for you. We welcome every Sun Lakes woman to become part of the Sun Lakes Women’s Association. We are easy to contact: President Colette at 835-9499, Past President Sharon at323-5519; Donation pick-up call 480-895-9270, ext. 220 or Doti at 883-3360.