The AAUW (American Association of University Women) Southeast Valley Branch’s upcoming meeting on Nov. 20 will feature guest speaker Carol Maas, Deputy Voter Registrar for Maricopa County.
Carol is a Sun Lakes resident since 2006 after living in Kansas City, Pittsburgh, Chicago, and Los Angeles. She retired in 2019 and keeps busy with various volunteer opportunities.
Topics related to voting in Arizona will be the focus during the November presentation and include:
• Who can vote in Arizona—state and federal requirements;
• Voter registration—how and where to register, voter status, and what it means when you might be “inactive” on the voter files;
• Updating your voter registration—how and where to do it;
• How/where a voter can vote in Arizona—polls, vote centers, early ballot, mail ballot (absentee); and
• Types of elections for various jurisdictions, i.e., city, school board bonds and overrides, or state and federal offices.
The presentation will be followed by AAUW Southeast Valley Branch’s monthly meeting, held at Sun Lakes United Methodist Church on Riggs Road. Serving Chandler, Gilbert, and Sun Lakes, members meet monthly from October through April.
Interested in attending the November program or learning more about AAUW? Please email us at [email protected].
AAUW is a diverse group that encourages participation by those who wish to advance equity for women and girls through advocacy, philanthropy, and research. It supports education and legislation impacting girls and women.
The Southeast Valley Branch of AAUW was chartered in 1989. AAUW is a national organization open to all graduates holding an associate or equivalent, baccalaureate, or higher degree from a qualified educational institution. There are more than 170,000 members across 1,000 local branches.
Are you looking for a way to make a difference, meet other accomplished and interesting women, and have fun together? Join us and be a part of change in the making!