Essential oils can help support us physically, emotionally, and spiritually to keep us balanced in our busy, stress-filled world. We want to have these oils at our fingertips wherever we go.
Naturally, at home, our oils are always conveniently located so that we can find them for our various uses throughout the day. But now, in the summertime particularly, we are out and about, maybe camping, at the beach, or traveling. It is important to have an accessible place for our oils while we are away from home. It is the perfect time to assemble a natural first aid kit that we can easily grab and place in our backpack or tote bag or pack in our suitcase when we travel.
A common question we get is, “What oils or oil products should I have in my essential oil first aid kit?”
1. Select a first aid bag or box.
2. Add tweezers, safety pins, bandages, scissors, water bottle.
3. Homemade hand sanitizer or On Guard Sanitizing Hand Spray. Often soap and water are not available, so you want to be prepared.
4. Lozenges such as On Guard Throat Drops or Breathe Drops to have on hand for scratchy sore throats and dry coughs.
The top four essential oils for your natural first aid kit:
1. Lavender is the Swiss Army knife in the essential oil world. When in doubt, use lavender. I stock my kit with the lavender touch roller (a roller bottle of lavender diluted in a carrier oil). Lavender soothes all sorts of skin irritations, from cuts and scrapes to bug bites and rashes. It also helps to ease discomfort after bumps and bangs, and its aroma calms the emotions.
2. Helichrysum is a powerhouse for cuts and scrapes, bumps and bangs, and bones. It soothes skin, muscles, and bones and helps them recover more quickly. Basically, any first aid situation will benefit from helichrysum.
3. Deep Blue: The deep blue blend is a combination of oils known to ease inflammation and soothe discomfort. The deep blue touch roller is perfect for applying right on the skin. Immediately apply after a bump or a bang to prevent discomfort or swelling.
4. Correct-X: This ointment contains tea tree, lavender, frankincense, helichrysum, and cedarwood; great healing oils.
Always have your essential oils on hand when you need them with this easy-to-store and convenient Natural First Aid Kit.
For more information on oils that you may want to include in your kit, join me for an Introduction to Oils online class which is scheduled for each Tuesday evening (Aug. 4, 11, 18, and 25 at 5:30 p.m. PDT). For those of you who prefer to have a one-on-one class, we can schedule that to suit your convenience.
To register for a class, please contact JoAnne Gaudioso by phone or text at 480-225-5224 or by email at [email protected] Once you register for the class, you will be provided with some samples before the class.