The Sun Lakes Apple Club has had a busy and productive year so far. Following is a review of some of our successes, as well as some insight as to club operations.
1. We launched a website in February and continue working to improve it. Find us at http://www.SunLakesappleclub.com. We believe the website will become the key tool for two-way communication with our members as we work towards accomplishing the club’s mission: “Our mission is to provide a forum that is educational, supportive and fun — where we can all learn how to get the most from our Apple devices, regardless of our knowledge level.” We are a no-fee club, and our objective is to remain so. In addition to upcoming events, our leadership team is revealed in the website Home section. Take a look – you might know some of our leaders.
2. Volunteers Mike Canterbury and Gary Tougas have helped our members resolve some Apple challenges in our one-on-one Friday morning Q&A sessions. These sessions have had the greatest impact on our members’ comfort level with their devices. I’ve seen for myself how those in need were able to say they now understand how to handle some critical tasks that previously had them confused and frustrated. Special note: This summer, the Q & A sessions will be by mail only, as time permits. Register via the website.
3. Classes and workshops have been held the second and third Mondays of each month at 1:30 p.m. in Cottonwood’s Phoenix Room. Registration is via the website. Recent classes:
September – Eye-Catching Holiday Newsletters
October – iPhone and iPad Photography Skills
November – Genealogy and Family Legacy
December – Creating Animated Christmas Cards
January – Healthy Lifestyles with Apple Devices
February – Facebook for Apple Users
March – Photo Walk with iPhone and iPad
April – Apple TV – Cut the Cord
In addition, we occasionally schedule classes at the Apple Store at the Chandler Fashion Center.
4. We now have a new club sponsor. Check the website to learn more about Experimac and note the map showing their location on Arizona Avenue. Check our website to see what they can do for you.
5. Planning is in progress for classes and workshops to start in September. Until then, please refer to the website for news, and have a wonderful summer.
Because of the summer break, we will not have a presence in the Splash this summer. The website will help us stay in touch. We might even get an explanation of why our website has our comfy group name (sunlakesappleclub.com) and we are also known by this official name: SLAUG – Sun Lakes Apple Users Group.