Pastor David Holling
A special half-day seminar, “Surviving the Holidays,” will be offered by Sun Lakes United Methodist Church on Saturday morning, Nov. 14, from 9:30 to noon. This is a special holiday program, produced by the GriefShare support group program.
If you have lost a loved one this year or in the past few years, you may be not looking forward to the coming holiday season; holidays are tough and filled with a lot of emotions. The morning seminar will have three important components: a video, discussion time, and a time for personal reflection.
The focus will be on the following:
* Being prepared for surprising emotions that may hit over the holidays
* What to do about traditions and other coming changes
* How to handle invitations
* How to survive potentially awkward moments with other people
* Where to find comfort, strength, and hope in a seemingly hopeless time
A “survival guide” book is part of the program that the participant can take with them. Cost for the course, including the book, is $5. The seminar will be offered online via Zoom. To register, contact the church office at 480-895-8766, to sign up and to provide your email address.
The tools learned in this seminar will enable you to not only survive the coming holidays, but also to face them with a measure of peace and assurance.