Sun Lakes Rotary
More than 120 golfers enjoyed Arizona’s warm, winter weather and the chance to play great (and maybe not-so-great) golf at the 27th Annual Sun Lakes Rotary Charity Golf Tournament on Dec. 6, but it was the community that benefitted the most.
Proceeds from the tournament, the largest fundraiser of the year, support a number of issues and causes that “make an impact in our community and on the people and families who live and work here,” said Sun Lakes Rotary President Jon Lyons. Among those efforts are programs for homeless students, veterans, polio eradication, clean water on the Navajo Reservation, education, and literacy.
“The financial support we receive, not just from our members but from our neighbors and friends, is both overwhelming and gratifying,” Lyons said.
Golfers taking top spots at the tournament included:
• Low Gross Team Winner, Sonoran/Lakes Course: Chavez
• Low Net Winners: Sonoran/Lakes: 1st Place Jim Hawkins; 2nd Place Ed Anderson; 3rd Place Bob Lytle
• Low Gross Team Winner, Palms/Sonoran: Bill Pender
• Low Net Winners, Palms/Sonoran: 1st Place Brandon Hebert; 2nd Place Grady Anderson; 3rd Place Frank Wiley
• Low Gross Team Winner, Lakes/Palms Course: Leslie Fish
• Low Net Winners, Lakes/Palms: 1st Place Ron Tanner; 2nd Place Tim Rector; 3rd Place Vance Holden
• Winner, Most Challenging Course: Team Anciaux
Closest to the Pin: Ron Tanner, Palms Course #4; David Sanders, Sonoran #3; Marc Graham, Lakes #2; Brock O’Neill, Palms #7; David Reap, Sonoran #8; Julie Jarvi, Lakes #6.
For more information about Sun Lakes Rotary, visit www.sunlakesrotary.com or www.facebook.com/groups/SunLakesRotaryClub.