When organizing your home, purchasing the tools always comes at the end of your product. “My Favorite Organizing Products” is 19th in a series of articles featuring techniques for decluttering your home—one room at a time.
As a professional downsizer and organizer, these are some of my favorite tools that can be used to serve various functions in a variety of rooms in your home. If you prefer not to shop online or at Amazon.com and save time and gas, similar products may be found in Big Lots, Dollar Tree, 99 Cents stores, Target, Walmart, Costco, and Sam’s Club.
1. The Container Store: iDesign Bin Organizers – $7.99 to $80. These organizers let you effortlessly customize cabinet and pantry storage. Their straight sides fit perfectly inside larger bins or sit neatly beside each other to make the most of shelf space. They are completely clear, keeping contents visible.
2. Amazon.com: 52 Pieces Basket Bin Labels Clip Kitchen Clip Label Holders – $29.99. These removable PVC basket labels clip with chalk markers, dry erase liquid marker pens are great for most baskets and boxes. Available in white or black.
3. Amazon.com: Bamboo Drawer Dividers – $29.99. You will find uses for these spring-loaded separators in kitchen, dresser, bathroom, office, and laundry room drawers. Their size is 17.5″ to 22″ with six in a pack.
4. Amazon.com: Organizer Storage Box With 18 Compartments with removable dividers – $12.95. This clear box with a grid inside the box can be moved, so you can adjust the dividers to create a larger compartment for scissors, tape, tools. Great for small office supplies, too. It contains 18 extra-deep compartments that each measure 2-1/3″ x 2-1/3″ x 1-3/4″(L*W*H).
5. Online and in-store: Command Hooks are the most versatile hanging devices on the market. Why? Here are a few of their key features:
Organize Damage-Free. Say goodbye to holes, marks, or sticky residue on your walls, doors, cabinets, or closets.
No Tools Required. Hang hats, calendars, keys, measuring spoons, cleaning tools, jewelry, and accessories where you want without nails or a hammer. Includes metal wire toggle feature for versatile hanging. They provide a strong hold on a variety of indoor surfaces from painted walls, smooth ceilings, finished wood, glass, tile, to metal and leave no sticky adhesive behind.
6. Amazon.com: 20-Piece Zipper Mesh Pouch Bags – $10.99. In 10 colors of black, grey, purple, blue, light blue, green, yellow, orange, pink, and red, they are perfect for sorting out office supplies, cosmetics, documents, toiletries, receipts, and envelopes more simply and orderly, effectively preventing the loss of important items. Made of sturdy nylon material, the mesh zipper bags are approximately 9 x 4.7 inches. They have a wide application of uses and are roomy enough for a handful of office supplies, makeup, jewelry, USB cables, travel necessities, etc.
7. Amazon.com: SimpleHouseware Heavy Duty 3-Tier Metal Utility Rolling Cart. Available in red, black, white, aqua, and silver for $41.97. The size is 12.5″D x 16.75″W x 32″H.
Enjoy using your new organizing tools, and don’t be afraid to save money and use contact paper to cover old boxes or bins. Try storing all your organizing tools together to see what you have that you can recreate for free!
Future articles will feature digital photo storage, drawer organization, and moving preparation. Stay tuned.
Call me at 480-720-8566 to learn about my free 30-minute consultation. I can also be reached by email at [email protected]