More than 80 classes are available this fall through New Adventures in Learning. All presenters are volunteers who have gathered their knowledge in a variety of ways. Some are retired experts who have been formally trained or have worked for a lifetime in a particular field. Others have a newer passion to explore a subject. All have an interest in sharing what they know or are learning.
Several presenters from Arizona State University’s Emeritus College teach from their areas of expertise.
* Humor in the Digital Age, Don and Alleen Nilsen (English)
* Economics of Almost Everything, Paul L. Burgess (Economics)
* Exoplanets: Thousands of New Worlds, Per Aannestad (Physics & Astronomy)
* Aaron Copeland: His Life, Music & Historic Times, Lou-ellen Finter (Music Education)
Others share knowledge from their professional lives.
* A History of Air Refueling and History and Aircraft of Airbase Arizona, Commemorative Air Force, Col. Jim Evans, retired U.S. Air Force Colonel
* Your Toolbox for Chronic Pain Management, Billie Jordan, RN
* Golf 101: Why the Ball Goes Where It Goes, Terry W. Anderson, PGA Golf Teaching Professional
* The History and Mystery of Mayo Clinic, Dale Rings, former hospital administrator
* Why You Need to Travel Arizona, Kiva Couchon, Director of Industry Affairs for the Arizona Office of Tourism (AOT)
Sometimes classes develop from presenters’ deep interest in their subject.
* Gardening in Sun Lakes, Margaret M. Mogelnicki
* Robert Service: Bard of the Yukon, John Overholser
* Milton S. Hershey: The Man Behind the Chocolate, Carole and Ed Rockland
For more information on all the classes offered for fall semester or to find out more about being a presenter, go to http://www.newadventures.info, call 480-857-5500 or visit the Sun Lakes Center at 25105 S. Alma School Road, Sun Lakes, AZ. New Adventures in Learning is a membership organization that has been encouraging lifelong learning since 1999 and is affiliated with Chandler-Gilbert Community College. Membership is $65 paid annually to the organization and a $15 fee per semester to CGCC.