Fall Semester for New Adventures in Learning, a lifelong-learning program affiliated with Chandler-Gilbert Community College, began on September 30 and will continue until December 13, 2019. Classes and events include lectures, roundtable discussion groups, a computer class, field trips, and a special event.
The lecture classes introduce a wide range of topics. Here is a small sampling, along with their presenters:
* Art for Fun. Kathleen Neffenger with Jean Culver
* International Humor: Comparisons and Contrasts. Alleen and Don Nilsen
* Use a Planisphere to Locate Stars and Constellations in Nighttime Sky. Henry Silberblatt
* Genealogy for the Absolute Beginner. Mallory Newton
* Forensic Science and the Solving of Crimes. Roberta Reed
* The Great Papago Escape. Eugene Lariviere
* Writing Out Loud, Creatively. George Stahl
Eight roundtables provide opportunities for group discussions. Below is a list of three of them:
* The Equal Rights Amendment (ERA): What, That Again? Dianne Post
* The Aging Shift in America in 2019. Calvenea Malloy
* On-Going New Adventures Book Club. William Haskell
The computer class this semester, Genealogy and the Computer, will have five in-depth sessions taught by Barbara Hug. Evelyn Freed will host three Out-to-Lunch field trips that feature Mediterranean food, Cornish pasties, and farm-to-table cuisine. Participants will order from the restaurants’ menus and receive separate checks. As a follow-up to this summer’s popular movie series, Larry Noser will present, as a special event, seven Friday Feature Films.
For more information on these or the other many classes, check out the website, www.NewAdventures.info. Online registration remains available, along with payment of fees, for open classes all semester. Annual renewal of membership is also provided online. For additional information, call 480-857-5500 or visit the Sun Lakes Center at 25105 S. Alma School Road, Sun Lakes, AZ. New Adventures in Learning is a membership organization that has been encouraging lifelong learning since 1998 and is affiliated with Chandler-Gilbert Community College.