Dave Cain was visiting his daughter in Metamora, Ohio, this summer and spotted a sign on her kitchen wall. It was a message board sign with an encouraging saying in plastic letters.
Dave returned to Sun Lakes in late August. He promptly went to a craft store and bought a sign board and letters. He was determined during 2020 to make the year a bit more joyful for the people who walked around the Cottonwood North Lake in Sun Lakes.
Every day, he creates a new saying on the sign. Sometimes funny, profound, clever, or thought provoking. People stop and read the sign; many take pictures.
Here are some of his favorites:
* Some days I wake up Grumpy … Some days I let her sleep.
* Dogs are asking … Why are humans wearing muzzles? Did they all bite someone?
* I’m dreaming of a White Christmas. But if the White runs out, I’ll drink Red.
* After his long trip, what do the elves use to clean Santa’s sleigh? Santa-Tizer
* 4 out of 3 people struggle with math.
* I burned 1,200 calories today. I left the pizza in the oven too long.
* Diet Day 1 … I have removed all the bad food from the house. It was delicious.
Several weeks ago, Dave went out and found a note and a hand-painted rock next to his sign board. It said, “Sign Guy … Thank you for all the joy.”
It is nice to bring joy and laughter to so many Sun Lakes residents during these challenging times.