1. Attend events, such as the Memorial Day Service held annually at the Flag Pole Pavilion near the SLCC. Hear the tributes to our veterans and stories from veterans, such as Arden Rowley, former POW during the Korean War.
2. Donate to the Poppy Drive held each year to fund services for veterans.
3. Fly the American flag and thank a veteran for his/her service.
4 Nominations have been submitted for seven Arizona Parade Grand Marshalls for the Phoenix Veterans Parade (one of the nation’s largest, attracting more than 40,000 people) to be held November 12 at 11:00 a.m. Consider attending the parade honoring veterans of the following conflicts:
World War II — 1941 to 1945
The Korean War — 1950 to 1953
The Vietnam War – 1964 to 1975
Cold War — 1945 to 1991
Desert Storm — 1990 to 1991
Operation Enduring Freedom — 2001 to 2011
Operation Iraqi Freedom — 2003 to 2011
5. Play Bingo at the SLCC on Wednesdays at 7:00 p.m. in the Arizona Room. Play, have fun fund veteran services, and enjoy a piece of cake.
6. Join the VFW Auxiliary. We meet monthly, including the summer. Contact Janice Cournoyer at firstname.lastname@example.org for information.