How lucky can I be? Let me count the ways.
1. Sharing cake with my husband, Al, as we have done for 54 years because his birthday is four days earlier.
2. Line dancing with wonderful people on my 75th birthday plus the classes they attend to learn line dancing (we missed those who were unable to attend on this day).
3. Being surprised with cards, flowers, etc. even though I thought I had everything planned for the afternoon.
4. Still teaching line dancing after 14 plus years in a huge, beautiful ballroom with the some of the nicest people I’ve ever met.
5. Lucky to have known and taught those who have moved, dealing with health problems, schedule changes and changing priorities.
6. Appreciating the dancers who are full-time and will continue to learn and dance until our snowbirds return.
7. Knowing that every day is a blessing to enjoy our lives in a Robson development, SunBird, after 20 plus years.
8. Able to express my blessings in a paper that I’ve submitted articles to since 1994.
9. Knowing that people have read and enjoyed these articles even if I have not met you.
10. Realizing that after I count my blessings, I just feel better! Woohoo!
When I talk about teaching line dancing I get a “boost.” When I teach and dance I forget about my aches, pains and what is happening in this crazy world. That’s because I am exercising, using my brain and doing what I love. Dance!
If you are reading this, why not join us and get hooked on line dancing? We dance for our self enjoyment, for exercise of mind and body and learn easy, fun dances to great music.
Where – SunBird Ballroom
When – Mondays from 1:00-3:00 p.m.
Fee – $3
How to register? Call Judee after 10:00 a.m. at 480-802-0201.
Bring with me? A smile; comfortable, stable shoes with a smooth sole; water; and the attitude that says “I can do this. I just have to be patient with myself, with Judee and realize that everyone has their own pace of learning.”