The East Valley Marines of the Marine Corps League Detachment 1296 is having their annual Charity Golf tournament. This event is our primary fundraiser that allows us to assist our local community, with a primary focus in helping veterans from all branches of the service and their families.
We assist our veterans and their families with life issues, like mortgage assistance, utility bills, home and auto repairs, and medical needs. Last year we were able to assist a veteran and her daughter escape a domestic violence situation by paying for her move back to her hometown. We also help two Junior ROTC programs in the Valley and one Young Marines program. During our Toys for Tots drive, we helped over 2,560 children enjoy their Christmas by providing over 13,000 toys. We can’t do these things without your help. Please join us for a fun day of golf and/or a contribution. Go to www.eastvalleymarines.org to read more about our detachment or go to www.eastvalleymarinesgolf.org to sign up for golf or to make a donation.
The tournament will be on March 31 at the Oakwood Country Club, 24218 S. Oakwood Blvd., Sun Lakes, AZ 85248, with a shotgun start at 8:15 a.m. There will be a Helicopter Ball Drop with $900 in cash prizes, and the Backswing Golf Pros will be back by popular demand.
Schedule (Event Day Timeline)
* Check-in will be from 6:45 to 8 a.m. Players are encouraged to check in as early as possible to avoid the mad rush and permit adequate warm-up time on the driving range.
* Driving range will close at 8:10 a.m. to allow for the helicopter ball drop.
Food & Beverage
* Lunch will be served after the round.
* Helicopter golf ball drop winners will be posted on-site for players to view upon completion of the round.
* Raffle, team, and contest winners will be announced at the luncheon.
Golf Entry (Register to Play)
$150 per Player
Entry fee includes:
* 4-Person Scramble
* 18 Holes of Beautiful Golf
* Player Tee Gifts
* Complimentary Food and Beverage
* Two Hole-in-One Chances to Win $5,000 Cash
* Team Awards (Men/Women/Co-Ed Flights)
* Contest Prizes (Men and Women)
VIP Package (Bundle & Save)
$250 per player ($360 value)
VIP Package includes:
* One golfer plus one Super Ticket
Super Ticket includes:
* 5 Golf Ball Drop Tickets ($100 value)
* 10 Raffle Tickets ($50 value)
* 2 Skirt Hole Advantages ($20 value)
* 2 Golf Ball Launcher Entries ($40 value)
* 1 Super Raffle Ticket for a chance to win $250 cash
Pre-purchase your VIP Package to speed up the check-in process.
Register for the tournament online at www.eastvalleymarinesgolf.org.