Crystal Cards is now delivering. This new service was started in August, and Sun Lakers are delighted. “I love being able to take time to look at all the cards” and “I like it better than going to the sales where I feel like I should hurry because others are waiting” are just some of the comments we’ve received.
The money raised by this project is donated to My Sister’s Place, a shelter for victims of domestic violence. Sadly, during the pandemic, when families have been forced to shelter in place, domestic violence has increased. Support for victims is needed more than ever.
Home delivery works like this:
1. You send an email to us at [email protected] that includes:
* Your name
* Your Sun Lakes home address
* Your phone number
* The basic kinds of cards you want (favorites include get well, birthday, thinking of you, anniversary, and sympathy, but don’t forget we have specialty cards for family members, for milestone birthdays, and for other occasions)
2. A volunteer will call, confirm details of what you want, and arrange to deliver an assortment for you to choose from.
3. You look through the card assortment at your convenience and pick the ones you want.
4. You place payment for the cards you have chosen in the box along with the cards to be returned. (Cards are $1 each. You can pay with cash or by check made out to The Crystal Card Project.)
5. Call the volunteer to arrange for pickup. The phone number will be in the box with the cards when they arrive.
Our volunteers have been busy over the past months making new cards at home, so we have a wonderful selection.
We look forward to a return to more usual activities sometime in the future. However, we will not reschedule public sales or group work sessions until it is safe for all concerned.