Crystal Cards will be available at in-person sales this fall. Our next event will be Wednesday, Oct. 13, from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the Bradford Room in the Oakwood clubhouse. We plan to continue in-person sales at this location on the second Wednesday each month through May.
Kudos to the IronOaks Tennis Club, especially Judy Gahide and Lois Newman, for organizing an outdoor sale of cards on Aug. 30. They did a terrific job selling over 800 cards.
So many who came to the August sale were grateful for the shopping opportunity and delighted to know that in-person sales are resuming. For those who are looking for Christmas cards, we will have some in October, along with Halloween and Thanksgiving cards and, of course, a wonderful assortment of birthday, anniversary, thinking of you, get well, thank you, and other cards.
We are also continuing the option of home delivery for those who find it easier to choose wonderful cards at home.
Home delivery works like this:
1. You send an email to [email protected] that includes:
* Your name
* Your Sun Lakes home address
* Your phone number
* The basic kinds of cards you want
2. A volunteer will call, confirm details, and arrange to deliver an assortment for you to choose from.
3. You look through the card assortment at your convenience and pick the ones you want.
4. You place payment for the cards you have chosen in the box along with the cards to be returned. (Cards are $1 each. You can pay with cash or by check made out to The Crystal Card Project.)
5. Call the volunteer to arrange for pickup. The phone number will be in the box with the cards when they arrive.
The money raised by this project is donated to My Sister’s Place, a shelter for victims of domestic violence. You can learn more at thecrystalcardproject.org.