Why, you ask, do so many Golden Goalies remain in our group for years and even decades? Each person would give a different reason, but here are a few that would be included:
– Everyone is supportive. Not only do we encourage each other in our weight-loss goals, many also become friends, so we’re there when friends are needed.
– Our captain Sharon Flores keeps things running smoothly. Meetings are short, and everyone stays involved. It’s clear she cares about each member.
– Members make things happen. We make sure everyone feels welcome and OK about efforts to lose, even during those inevitable “plateaus.”
– We continue to learn from other members through their tips and stories.
– Members encourage each other to be active. Many have joined the local Slimnastics group to work out together. Our member Carol White even started a strength-training group that meets two days a week.
– We finish each meeting with a laugh and leave in a good mood.
In short, we like each other, and we like getting fit.
You might want to join us for good company, laughs and ideas. You will also find support, motivation and shared wisdom. Weigh-in is Saturday from 7:00 to 7:40 a.m. in Room A-8, near the Cottonwood Library. The meeting starts after weigh-in. Contact Rita at 895-2559 for more information.