Steve Ambroso, President, SLIAC
Ciao a tutti! (Hello to everyone!)
Do you like Italian culture, history, and food? Then come and join us on Thursday, Oct. 5, for the Sun Lakes Italian-American Club (SLIAC) dinner/meeting at the Cottonwood San Tan Ballroom. Doors open at 5 p.m. for cash bar and registration. Dinner is at 6 p.m., and the program starts at 6:45 p.m. Our year runs from October through May with monthly dinner/meetings.
Last year we had our best year ever, with 133 paid members, and we average about 90 to 100 members and guests for each monthly dinner/meeting. Upcoming speakers and topics will be as follows:
1. Italian Wine Expert
2. Italian Genealogy with a speaker from the Gilbert Mormon Church Genealogy Department
3. Interactive Italian Trivia (competition between tables)
4. Hands-on Italian Cooking Demo
5. Annual Christmas Party and Raffle with Italian opera singers from Arizona Opera Company
6. Potluck Lunch and Mini-Bocce Ball Tournament at Sisk Park in Palo Verde
7. Italian Wedding Night Theme (a can’t-miss, dress-up event)
If this looks like fun and you are interested in checking us out, please feel free to attend. It will cost you $23 for your dinner and an exciting, fun-filled evening. There are tables available for singles. If you like what you see and want to join SLIAC, there is a $15 annual membership fee.
Looking forward to seeing you on Thursday, Oct. 5. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me at [email protected] or text me at 480-577-9445.
Grazie. a presto. (Thank you. See you soon.)