Crystal Cards with bouquets of May flowers celebrate the season. Think of sending a lovely greeting card to a friend or relative to wish them a happy birthday, or to thank them or just acknowledge them. No special occasion is needed to say, “I’m thinking of you.”
Crystal Cards are “recycled,” since they are fashioned from parts of used cards that might otherwise be thrown away. They are mounted on new card stock, embellished with trim paper, and matched to new envelopes. The money raised by selling these beautiful new cards (at only $1 each) goes directly to help victims of domestic violence.
If you would like to help by donating cards—entire cards so we have the inside message as well as the front—a donation bin is in the SunBird clubhouse alcove, across from the library.
If you would like to buy cards, we are offering home delivery of cards until it is safe to have in-person sales again. You can arrange for delivery of an array of cards to choose from—for yourself or to share with friends. Just follow the simple instructions below:
1. Send an email to [email protected] that includes:
* Your name
* Your Sun Lakes home address
* Your phone number
* The basic kinds of cards you want
2. A volunteer will call, confirm details, and arrange to deliver an assortment for you to choose from. If you plan to share with friends, ask the volunteer to deliver extra cards.
3. You look through the card assortment at your convenience and pick the ones you want.
4. You place payment for the cards you have chosen in the box along with the cards to be returned. (Cards are $1 each. You can pay with cash or by check made out to “The Crystal Card Project.”)
5. Call the volunteer to arrange for pickup. The phone number will be in the box with the cards when they arrive.
Learn more at www.thecrystalcardproject.org.