Volunteers, clients, and staff must wear masks at all times!
Schedule all services with Neighbors Who Care at 480-895-7133. Do not call volunteers directly.
Services are available Monday through Friday between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m.
* Transportation—Essential Medical Appointments One service per week; maximum two-hour appointment (does not include driving time). Appointment requests for rides will be limited to volunteer driver availability.
* Shopping for Only Call a minimum of three days in advance. The volunteer will call to set up the time to come to your house and get your list and money. Non-narcotic prescription pick-up is included (pick-up and delivery is available and preferred).
* Dinner Delivery—Non-Contact Delivery Receive a phone call between 9 a.m. and 11:30 a.m., Monday through Friday, to order your meal. See Dinner Delivery letter for details.
* Reassurance Calling Daily or weekly check-in calls.
* Minor Repairs—Following CDC Guidelines Changing a light bulb or filter and small, general maintenance. We do not do landscaping, electrical work, major plumbing, remodeling, or painting, nor any work requiring ladders taller than four feet high.
* Respite Care—Following CDC Guidelines A volunteer will stay with your loved one while you are out. Available up to four hours per week.
* Friendly Visiting—Following CDC Guidelines Arranged and agreed upon by client and volunteer regular visitation from a NWC volunteer.
* Shopping/Errands—Suspended Shopping and errands with clients, includes taking to grocery stores, hair and nail salons, and specialty stores.
* Business Assistance Writing checks and letters, addressing envelopes, and checkbook balancing.
* Van Transportation—Suspended shopping to Bashas’, Fry’s, and Walmart.
If you schedule an appointment and it gets canceled or you need to cancel, please call NWC, not your volunteer.
These are temporary service changes to minimize risk due to COVID-19. Check www.neighborswhocare.com or call our office at 480-895-7133 for updates.