You are eligible for a free round of golf for two, a free week of fitness, a free week of tennis and a BOGO meal at any IronOaks restaurant.
All you have to do is call the IronOaks Welcome Committee, c/o Howard Lundgren at 480-369-2015 or e-mail him at [email protected] to receive your new homeowner’s canvas tote filled with useful information about your community.
Paint and Wine Night
October 20, 6:00 to 8:00 p.m., Ironwood
Welcome to the Region of Italy
Wine Dinner, October 25, 5:00 to 9:00 p.m., Sunsets at Oakwood
Halloween Costume Party and Scavenger Hunt
October 31, 4:00 to 10:00 p.m., Oakwood Ballroom
Activities Open House
October 31, 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m., Oakwood Ballroom
Trivia at Ironwood
Wednesday and Thursday nights, 6:00 to 8:00 p.m.
Friday Night, All-In-All Poker
6:00 to 9:00 p.m., Ironwood
NFL at Ironwood
Sundays; doors open at 9:30 a.m. Special homemade Bloody Mary’s $3.50
Monday Night Football at Ironwood
Shrimp dinner with fries, $10. $2 pints special
For further information call 480-895-7525
Thursday Night Free Entertainment at Oakwood
October 1, Power Play
October 8, The Connection
October 15, Power Play
October 22, Jijji Von
October, 29, Lyn Jackson
General Manager’s monthly report August 2015
Completed Projects in the last 30 days:
• We released our new paper newsletter in August and it has been distributed around the property in the easy access boxes and throughout the clubhouses. The full cost of this project is funded through advertising space sold within the newsletter.
• The palm tree pruning has been completed; in 2016 we will budget to have the trees skinned.
• The gas lines for the Voax and Halley pools have now been completed; however we are awaiting inspection by the county before the meters can be placed.
• Construction began on the Lakes Golf Course Renovations on May 11 and weekly review meetings are held; at this time we are 90% complete.
• In June we hired an architect to create plans and designs for the Oakwood Bar and restaurant, which will then be presented to the homeowners at a workshop to be scheduled.
• We began the seal coating of the roads on August 4.
• We began work on the monument signs at Oakwood. The Arts & Crafts building monument sign is complete, the Fitness & Racquet Center is almost complete and then work will begin on the Pro Shop sign.
• The BOD approved the conversion of the clay tennis courts at Ironwood to post tension, replacement of all light fixtures and fencing at the May BOD meeting. Work began on June 22. We are also converting to LED lights and the cost after the rebates will be less than $250 total for all lights.
• The architect has provided us with draft plans for the new dishwashing area, which includes a new dishwashing unit, repair to existing walls and modifications to give access to the ballroom.
• We completed the increased wall height around kiddy pool due to revised code standards for 2015. The wall will be repainted by the end of August.
• New TV’s have been installed and Direct TV has been hooked up to them. Now we are configuring them and the remaining receivers into our network so they can be controlled with/from an IPad. We are installing new fiber optic cable to Ironwood and the maintenance yards at no cost. This will help alleviate computer and phones issues we are experiencing.
• Wadsworth re-graded the golf practice area at Oakwood and replaced sod. The area should be available for play in about a month.
• We purchased a new reserve study program as our prior one was having issues retaining changes which caused inaccurate information. All data has been entered and we are now testing to ensure it is working properly.
• We are setting up a cake ordering service with Basha’s and looking at offering curbside pickup for To-Go ordering.
• The task force and project management teams have both met to review the upcoming proposed renovation project for Ironwood Golf Course.