We have an election coming up, and the politics appear to be laced with unkindness. Why the need to discredit and devalue another? Did “love thy neighbor” get lost? And the holidays may bring great joy to families, but there’s a rush to get everything done, and expectations are high. It is easy for the true intent of the holidays to get lost in the shuffle.
How do you stay calm in the midst of all this? Here are some things that help me:
1) First, I use the Reiki energy to calm me. Reiki is soothing and relaxing, a great aide to peaceful living. Once we have lived in this place of peace, we can always return.
2) I search for what calms me and do that, such as a walk on the green belt, a swim, a nap, deep breathing, a cup of tea or a visit with a friend.
3) I turn off the TV news. If it doesn’t make me feel better, why watch it?
4) I remind myself that those running for office are sincere in their desire to do good.
5) I also remind myself that I can “do” the holidays on my own terms – there’s no rush.
6) I ask myself if there is some action I can take to change what bothers me, and if there is not, I let it go.
7) I take some time each day to send Reiki, a prayer, or a positive thought to my family, friends and country.
8) I visit the Reiki Circle Tuesdays at 9:30 a.m. to receive this calming energy.
Does this mean I’m always calm? Of course not. But I am grateful that I can always turn to Reiki and these tips to assist me in finding that calmness within.
Rina Cupples and Lois Valleau are Reiki Master Teachers here in Sun Lakes. We live the Reiki way and feel it is a privilege to share this life-giving energy with you.
Being trained in Reiki gives you a calming tool that you have with you always. The first level training teaches you to give Reiki to yourself and others. The training is 12 hours of background information, instruction and practice. The fee is $150.
If you’ve taken Reiki I instruction, consider the 12-hour Reiki II training which teaches distance healing, deepening the experience of Reiki and the use of symbols. The fee is $250.
Offerings by Lois Valleau are Reiki I on November 8-9 and Reiki II on November 15-16. Each is a Thursday and Friday from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. daily held in Lois’ house. If interested, call her at 480-883-6699.
Rina Cupples is offering a Reiki I class on December 1 and 2 from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. each day. You may reach her at 480-883-7747.
Many blessings for a calm and joyful holiday.