Doing laundry may not always be the most exciting way to spend your time, but it is a task everyone has to face on a weekly, or perhaps even daily basis. You can enhance your laundry routine with the cleansing power of essential oils.
The first thing we want to do to make over our laundry room is to get rid of any toxic material:
• Start by replacing your laundry detergent with a toxic free detergent. There are many natural, organic detergents on the shelves. DoTerra offers On Guard laundry detergent which uses DoTerra On Guard Protective Blend and bio-originated enzymes to target and lift stains for amazingly clean clothes.
• Ditch dryer sheets. They are loaded with toxins which transfer to your clothes and then your body. Replace them with dryer balls which will also help to shorten your drying time. You can add a few drops of an essential oil to the dryer balls which will leave your laundry smelling fresh. My personal choice is lavender, especially for drying my bedding. Not only does it smell good, but the scent of lavender helps you to get to sleep more easily.
• Ditch the bleach. Switch to a blend of half a cup of white vinegar blended with four to six drops of tea tree oil. Add this to your wash cycle to naturally brighten your whites.
• Ditch toxic stain removers. Switch to a water bottle with four drops of lemon added.
• Add two drops of your favorite essential oil to the rinse cycle for lasting benefits. Add Citrus Bliss essential oil to your towels for an uplifting scent after each shower. Add Wild Orange essential oil to your workout clothes for an energizing scent during your next workout.
• Add Purify essential oil to your dish towels for added purifying benefits.
• Add tea tree oil for its cleansing properties.
For more information about how essential oils can help and protect you with your daily household activities, join me for an Introduction to Oils online class, Tuesdays, Nov. 3, 10, 17, and 24 at 5 p.m. For those of you who prefer to have a one-on-one class, we can schedule that to suit your convenience. There will also be a special holiday make-and-take online class on Nov. 18. Once you register, you will be provided with some samples before the class.
For more information or to register for a class, contact JoAnne Gaudioso at 480-225-5224 or [email protected]