Helen Seaton, Publicity Director
On Feb. 5, the Computer Booters club honored three members who have given many years of volunteer service to the club. Lifetime Achievement Awards were given to Howard Winkle, Janet Quade, and Bill Phillips. They were granted life membership in the club. Thank you for all your work.
The speaker for the Wednesday, March 4, meeting of Computer Booters will be Alyssa Carter from the Ed Robson Library. Alyssa is a Library Paraprofessional and has worked at various libraries in the Maricopa County Library District for eight years. She has been at the Robson Library for a little over a year. Alyssa will be telling us about all the wonderful electronic services that the Maricopa County Library District offers to its customers.
The eMedia portion will include
* Overdrive: Access over 200,000 eBooks, magazines, and audiobooks
* Hoopla: With a wide variety of popular audiobooks, eBooks, music, movies, and TV programs
* Kanopy: With over 25,000 video titles, Kanopy gives customers access to things like classic films, Great Courses, and documentaries.
* Freegal: Allows customers to download (and keep!) up to five songs per week and allows streaming 24/7.
* Flipster: Almost 40 magazine titles readily available
* TumbleBooks: Online books for kids! TumbleBooks makes reading fun with animation and music!
The Online Learning portion will include:
* Gale Courses: Free online courses that you can take. Class subjects range from business to personal development. These courses are six weeks with one start date each month!
* Learning Express Library: Learn new subjects at your own pace with the Learning Express Library! These modules give customers the opportunity to learn new subjects without the pressure of traditional course deadlines.
* Rocket Languages: Learn a new language with Rocket Languages! This resource gives customers the opportunity to learn languages using listening, speaking, and writing skills.
Fundamentals of Excel. Monday, March 9, 2020, from 8:30 to 9:30 a.m. Taught by the Microsoft Staff, Microsoft Store, Chandler Mall.
Computer Booters meetings are from 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. at the Sun Lakes Country Club’s Navajo Room, 25601 Sun Lakes Blvd. At 6 p.m., our technical director, Allan Levy, runs a free one-on-one computer clinic. Come and get your computer questions answered. Become a member. All are welcome.