Crystal Card sales have adapted to our pandemic restrictions. A new home delivery option was initiated in August. Since then, over 70 people have enjoyed the benefits of “home shopping.” As one of them noted, “I like it better than going to the community sales where I feel like I should hurry, because others are waiting.”
And what a great time to send cards to reach out to people you haven’t seen in a while. We’ve been isolated for so long, a greeting card and note is a great way to say I miss you and I’m thinking of you.
Home delivery works like this:
1. You send an email to [email protected] that includes:
* Your name
* Your home address (please note you are in SunBird)
* Your phone number
* The basic kinds of cards you want
2. A volunteer will call, confirm details, and arrange to deliver an assortment for you to choose from.
3. You look through the card assortment at your convenience and pick the ones you want.
4. You place payment for the cards you have chosen in the box along with the cards to be returned. (Cards are $1 each. You can pay with cash or by check made out to The Crystal Card Project.)
5. Call the volunteer to arrange for pickup. The phone number will be in the box with the cards when they arrive.
Volunteers have been busy making new cards at home, so we have a wonderful selection, including cards for the upcoming holidays.
The money raised by this project is donated to My Sister’s Place, a shelter for victims of domestic violence. Learn more at www.thecrystalcardproject.org.