November, the month of Thanksgiving, is here, and we all can relate to this! The library has five new volunteers who have started to work for you in October! Please say hello to Margie Barrows, Patricia Birch, Eileen Cleary, Vickie Dees, and Maggie Jordan.
List of recently purchased books:
1. The Jailhouse Lawyer by James Patterson and Nancy Allen. The book jacket is sometimes the best place to look for info to entice you to read. So, in picture-perfect Erva, Ala., the most serious crimes are misdemeanors: Speeding tickets, Shoplifting, Contempt of Court. Then why is the jail so crowded? There’s only one place to learn the truth behind these incriminating secrets. Sometimes, the best education a lawyer can get is a short stretch of hard time.
2. Cloud Cuckoo Land by Anthony Doerr, the author of a Pulitzer
3. The Wish by Nicholas Sparks, another favorite author!
4. The Lincoln Highway by Amor Towles, who also wrote A Gentleman in Moscow
5. The Butler by Danielle Steel. Two different worlds and two very different lives collide in Paris in this captivating novel by Danielle Steele.
On my second list are the books I’ve read in the past month that were fun, interesting, entertaining, historical, and/or emotionally moving: 1. Half Broke Horses by Jeannette Walls; 2. Sold on a Monday by Kristina McMorris; 3. Blind Tiger by Sandra Brown; 4. Enemy at the Gates, a Vince Flynn, by Kyle Mills; and 5. Ludlum’s The Bourne Treachery by Brian Freeman.
Happy reading, and have a wonderful Thanksgiving!